
On Wednesday, Jon and I celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary. He got off work early (I thought we were going out to lunch) but instead we rented a power rake and de-thatched our lawn. As we were bagging all the thatch I had to giggle at how seriously he takes our lawn and how romantic this was. And then my husband said the sweetest thing, "I just want you to know that even after 14 years, I can still promise you that the grass will never be greener on the other side." I love this man!!! We did have a nice dinner at Gino's and then he indulged me and stayed up late watching a Dog the Bounty Hunter episode in bed with me. (I don't watch it very often and can't even tell you why I like it, but I do. Besides, it is the closest to Hawaii I'm going to get this anniversary ;) Love you, baby! Happy anniversary!
5 comments:
Happy Anniversary! BTW, Reed and I love Ginos. Really good food - pretty authentic too.
Jon has been a huge fan of Ginos for years! He used to eat at the downtown restaurant a lot when he worked down there. Now that they are a mile away from our house Jon begged to go. He got his favorite- pollo parmigiano with angel hair pasta with gino's alfredo sauce. I ventured with something new. the gnocci. I had never had it before it is a potato dumpling. I guess I was thinking that it would be like a perogie- a ravioli filled with mashed potatoes, but it is actually a small dumpling of flour and potato boiled then tossed with the sauce. It was a very different texture, like small pieces of soft bread or maybe spaetzel. Anyway, not bad, but not something I'll order again. Jon has met Gino many times before but this was my first meeting. He was a little more wolfgang puck than old Italian man, but he had an Italian accent so he'll pass. Thank heaven Jon is trying to decrease carbs or it might be dangerous having it so close to home.
you guys are so cute! happy anniversary!
Happy Anniversary. Gino's sounds like a nice restaurant. Did it replace Louies?
How romantic can grass clippings be?!? You are so fun!!! I'm happy you got to go out in the evening.
We are thankful for you too. You have been so good for him. I think you are a wonderful match!!! Happy Anniversary to both of you!!!
Love, Mom and Dad W. in Texas
Post a Comment