Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Luau


























During our trip my mother and I attended the Spirit of Aloha Luau at our resort. She really wanted to go but it was completely sold out every day of our trip. I called every day before our trip until finally I got a cancellation! They were even category one seats, so we were seated in the 2nd row! They had the most delicious pineapple coconut bread, fresh pineapple, salad with a mango poppyseed dressing, chicken, ribs, veggies, polynesian rice and dessert...oooohhh, dessert was a chocolate mousse volcano with raspberry sauce lava. They were served from trays with large steaming volcanoes.
The show included dances from each of the Polynesian islands and a spectacular firedancer. There was even a corny story line abgout Aunty Winnie and her niece that had just returned from college in the mainland and had forgotten her Hawaiian heritage and love of Hawaiian dance. The Aunty explained how hawaii will always be a part of her and then the girl changed into her traditional dress and danced to a beautiful song. I looked over and my mom was just crying away. Her mom and moms family are all from Hawaii and my mother spent most summers in hawaii until she was 17. She said it reminded her a lot of her youth and her mother. I knew in that moment that getting these seats last minute wasn't just my good luck, but a tender mercy from the Lord for my mom. It was a great way to begin our trip.

No comments: