












Ever wonder why my blog site is listed as Polytikigirl? My favorite place on this beautiful planet is Disney's Polynesian Resort in Florida. I have visited this resort many times to eat, swim, or just enjoy the beach, but I never thought I would ever stay there. When my mom suggested we take a trip together (and that she was paying ;) I suggested this beautiful place. The grounds are covered in blooming gardenias and hibiscus and the scent is heavenly. At night, gas lit tiki torches flicker across the resort to light the paths making it the most magical place ever. There is a steaming volcano at the pool with an amazing water slide zipping through it. There are three beaches with cabanas, swings and hammocks strung between palm trees. the monorail stops in the lobby to whisk guests to the Magic kingdom or Epcot. But I love the water launch that picks you up at the resort pier and takes you directly across the lagoon to the Magic Kingdom. You can see Cinderella's castle from the beaches and it is very magical to watch the nighly fireworks from there, as they pipe in the music, and there are no crowds. I took many an afternoon nap in a hammock on a completely empty beach (aside from a few ducks), and ate my dessert each evening from my balcony with an incredible view of the foliage and flickering torches. They pipe in hawaiian music across the resort- even under water at the pool! Check out the pictures and you'll see what my dreams are made of.
1 comment:
That sounds like the most relaxing trip I have ever heard of. Glad you got to spend some quailty time with your mom!
Post a Comment