You knew there just HAD to be a good reason I hadn't posted anything recently. So, what have we been doing???
We took a road trip up to Couer D'Alene to spend memorial weekend with suzette and fam, laura was brave enough to ride with us, got pulled over once for speeding, got a warning. Ethan threw up all over, Natalie threw up after Ethan threw up on her, we took a LONG hike around Tubbs Island, it was beautiful, we bbqed on the lake, no one wore their bathing suits because the water was too cold for swimming, everyone got soaked head to toe anyway, we came home through Spokane, less windy roads, no one got sick, got home safely, and had to buy 4 new tires for the Yukon. Great weekend all around.
Schools out! Aubree got a certificate for Perfect Attendance. Yeah, that NEVER happens in this house, and probably never will again. That piece of paper is being framed. Hailey got an award for Excellence in Music (only one for entire 6th grade) and an Excellence in English award as well. Natalie was awarded for Leadership and Citzenship and got all A's and Zoey got best smile and giggle and placed 4th in the school spelling bee. What a bunch i have. We are in the process of choosing our curriculum for next year. We have decided to homeschool and have two wonderful programs, of which we will probably purchase both and utilize the strong points in each. The girls are very excited and I will be attending training later this summer on the curriculum and how to teach it. This should be quite the adventure!
I am continuing to grow and can feel the baby move. She isn't too fond of sauerkraut on my hot dogs. I have to trade in my pretty strappy summer sandals and cute painted toe nails for compression stockings. It should be a hot summer, but the varicose veins are finally more painful than the silly stockings. Ahhh the joys of being pregnant.
We leave in only 2 weeks for our vacation in California. We are super excited! I bought our theme parks tickets from costco along with a new camera ;), booked a family suite that will sleep all of us in Bishop to help break up the 14 hour drive, and made a reservation for breakfast with Minnie Mouse and friends that will cost the same as my 2 week grocery budget but will be sooo worth it. I have never been to San Diego, so that will be fun! We'll be eating a lot of In and Out burgers, splashing at the beach and hotel pools, hob nobbing with princesses, large rodents and a guy that lives in a pineapple under the sea, getting wet by killer whales and dolphins, and climbing mountains to spy on panda bears and koalas. Should be a fun 2 weeks (and keep in mind I'll be doing all this in lovely thigh high compression stockings.)
My next ultrasound is monday. I'll post pictures then.
1 comment:
You are too funny! Does this mean no shorts or capris?
Post a Comment