My mom and I just retured from a mother/daughter getaway to Walt Disney World and Disney's Polynesian Resort. It was a womderful time and an excellent opportunity to spend time with my mom without all the distractions of daily life. My mom has a lot of health issues and is very weak, so I pushed her around in a wheelchair and we spent a lot of time just lounging around and enjoying the resort. Since she would sleep each day until noon, i would get up by 7 and head out for my own little adventures. I snorkled with sharks and manta rays, and the most beautiful schools of blue and yellow fishes. I also rented a mini speed boat and took it out for a spin on the lagoon for an hour. i would get to the theme parks and ride all my favorite rides and be back at the hotel as my mom was waking up so we could enjoy a late breakfast on the balcony before heading out for a few hours. We would be back at the resort by four and i would swim and take a most lovely nap in a hammock on the beach. Then we would enjoy a great dinner and watch the evening parade and fireworks. We would get the most delectable desserts and eat them on our balcony overlooking the tiki torch lit grounds. Then i would head out for a midnight swim while she took a hot bath. It was a truly heavenly escape from reality if only for a few days.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Mother Daughter trip
My mom and I just retured from a mother/daughter getaway to Walt Disney World and Disney's Polynesian Resort. It was a womderful time and an excellent opportunity to spend time with my mom without all the distractions of daily life. My mom has a lot of health issues and is very weak, so I pushed her around in a wheelchair and we spent a lot of time just lounging around and enjoying the resort. Since she would sleep each day until noon, i would get up by 7 and head out for my own little adventures. I snorkled with sharks and manta rays, and the most beautiful schools of blue and yellow fishes. I also rented a mini speed boat and took it out for a spin on the lagoon for an hour. i would get to the theme parks and ride all my favorite rides and be back at the hotel as my mom was waking up so we could enjoy a late breakfast on the balcony before heading out for a few hours. We would be back at the resort by four and i would swim and take a most lovely nap in a hammock on the beach. Then we would enjoy a great dinner and watch the evening parade and fireworks. We would get the most delectable desserts and eat them on our balcony overlooking the tiki torch lit grounds. Then i would head out for a midnight swim while she took a hot bath. It was a truly heavenly escape from reality if only for a few days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are one lucky lady!!!!! I am so green with envy right now! But I am glad you were able to get away. You deserved a break!
AJ - Your trip sounds like the perfect vacation! I love all the pictures!! I never realized how beautiful it was there - makes me want to definitely go there someday.
Post a Comment