My doc scheduled the induction for 7am on Tues Oct 6th. But at 528am (two minutes before our alarm was set to go off) a nurse from the hospital called and told me a swarm of women in real labor came in during the night and to call back at 815 to see if a bed opens up. jon and i went back to sleep for another hour and when i called at 815 they said they would call me back in 10 minutes. They did and we were off to the hospital ready to bring our new little one into the world.
At 1015am, the doc showed up, broke my water and started my pitocin. I could have had the epidural right away, but I like to "earn" it. around 1115 it started to REALLY hurt so the man with the magic needle came in and made it all better.
Of all my births, this nurse we liked the least. She was there to do her job and didnt really seem to love or enjoy it very much. She also had a very strong dislike of my doc and she felt free to express it when he wasnt around. Now, I LOVE my doc!!! I may not have had 6 kids if i didn't have him. He is like the teasing but still protective older brother I never had. i have been pregnant for 55 months over the last 14 years, so we obviosly have a good rapport. i was happy he was there to deliver this baby and I loved the epidural doc, so I dealt with the crummy nurse.
Anyway, I went from a 5 to a 9 in 20 minutes, pushed twice, and there she was. both the doc and the nurse were predicting a 9.5 to 10 pounder, so i was verey please when little Lucy just slipped into the world at under 8lbs at 159pm.
1 comment:
Hey that is a really cute maternity shirt!
I love hearing birth stories. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment