Saturday, October 3, 2009

Waiting...


Monday I took the walk of shame for the very first time in six pregnancies. I was sent home from triage, still pregnant and carrying my unopened overnight bag. I am not a first (or 2nd, 3rd, 4th or even 5th time mom). I know what it means to have my water break. alas 3 different tests said that it was not my water and they sent me home to wait for the "real" thing. I do feel better as at my dr. appt 3 days later he went to check me and exclaimed "i think your water broke!" "Yeah, so did I, try again." "No, really," He said. He proceeded to check with 3 different methods but alas i was sent home to wait until Tuesday, which I am scheduled to be induced at 730am.
We have Natalie's 11th birthday on Saturday and hailey's 13th on monday. This is just waay too much birthday cake for one weekend. Jon and I really need to find a winter sport or some other activity for the month of January.
Actually, though I think she is just waiting until we agree on a name. Her middle name will be Aleene after my grandmother. she passed away at 49 from Cancer. I was only 5 years old but i do remember her and have often felt her near me in my life. As for the baby's first name...
The girls all like the name Lucy and one vote for Melody.
Jon's favorites are Elizabeth, Emily, Eliza, Julia and Jenny.
I like Paige, Brooke, Emme, Roxcy (that was Eliza R. Snow's middle name you know ;) and of course I still like Callista and Calliope.
The name Garby has a funny story behind it, but we have a few friends and family members that it grew on so much they think we should name her it.
So what do you think? Do you have a favorite or one to suggest?

3 comments:

Melissa said...

well, you look amazing! and if i get a vote...lol...i like calista. =) good luck with your delivery!

Alyson said...

You guys have done an amazing job at naming all your children so far! You will know the name when you see the baby. And if you don't, then my vote is for Paige! But I will love whatever name you choose.

grandma w. said...

Amen to Alyson's comments. You look wonderful!! We are anxiously waiting for her debut!!! You make me laugh with your cute comments. Good luck and we have you in our prayers.