Saturday, October 3, 2009

He's a Champ



I was so dreading potty training a boy. My girls were so easy, ususally took 3 days and we were done. I trained them all at 2 1/2 which seems to be the perfect age for us. So, with Ethan being 2 1/2, all the summer vacations over, and a new baby coming in a few weeks, Jon said it was time for me to stop procrastinating. It took TWO DAYS!!! Seriously. What a champ! Completely dry at night too. He loves his Diego and Buzz Lightyear undies. (We shall never mention that I had him in a pair of his sisters old pink panties while training him ;) Of course, it might be harder to break him of the habit of saying "Come see! Come! I did it ! TaDa!!!! High five!" every time he goes. :) Such a tender mercy when I needed it most. Now we have a few days before we have to worry about diapers again.

2 comments:

grandma w. said...

Great job, AJ!!!!! You just know how to do it in a positive way!!! Way to go. I am so happy for you that he is all done!!!

Isn't that a great feeling?!

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

you are my hero, AJ. Seriously - what a tender mercy that was!