

It was 14 years ago today that Jonathan asked me to marry him. He had been home from his mission to South Africa for 10 weeks and worked as an assistant in the Temple cafeteria. I was a sophmore at BSU and worked in customer service for Sears Credit Operations. We had only been dating 8 weeks when he proposed over roses and Taco Bell chicken burritos ;). We remarked many times to each other over the next year , "I didn't even really know you then!"
That was so true. we married very young and very naive, and as we grew "up" together, we also grew together. Jon often teases me that I was like taming a wild horse. But I know that neither one of us really changed the other, we just brought out the best of the other and let that part grow. We had very different traveling styles in mind, but together, we seemed to have found one that offers us both safety, peace, beautiful vistas, lots of laughter and joy, and a good pace, as we travel the path together back home. (Too bad we still can't agree on the travel speed on family vacations.)
10 comments:
Look at you, still looking young in age. Congrats! I remember the good ol' Sears times. Thanks for the quick memory of that place.
Those were my engagement pictures! Silly, silly girl!
I love those pictures AJ! You always look SO fabulous with all that curl in your hair.
WOOT WOOT! You guys have always been a good looking couple!
Wow! You guys look like teenagers here! Is it legal to get married so young?! :) Congratulations!
Hey AJ! I still have that picture of you in a photo album! Congrats on your anniversary. Darwin and I only knew each other 2 1/2 weeks before we got engaged. =) It does work for some...we will make 15 years this year.
Congratulations! That is great that you still remember when you were engaged. It is a wonderful date though, isn't it? It marks the start of your true commitment to each other. The day that you both decided that you didn't want to be with anyone else for eternity.
What beautiful pictures of you two!
Those are great pictures! Natalie looks exactly like Jon. I love your hair, AJ. =)
A good marriage truly is about growing together and learning from one another-you are so right. We love you guys!
Thanks for sharing your pictures. I love your hair. I think your story is sweet.
I remember you telling me that your bishop made you both complete a list of 20 things or so to do together before he would let you proceed (wasn't flying a kite one of them?) Looks like it worked. Congrats!
Post a Comment