Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Date Night



Mmmmmmmm...Saturday night was one of my favorite date nights- P.F. Changs. I love driving downtown in the evening and parking in the parking garage. I love walking down 8th Street on the weekend. I love the lighting, the colors, the smells, the candlelit tables, and the lack of children ;) in this beautiful restaurant. I love getting a coveted private booth for a party of four on the raised platform away from the tables and overlooking the restaurant. I love me some chicken lettuce wraps with my sauce medium-hot. I love me some Wok Charred Beef with mushrooms (just don't eat the HOT red peppers they are cooked and served with ;) I love how they set the table with a black linen table cover and square white plates before they bring out dessert. And oh dessert, mmmmm, heaven on a plate. I love me some warm banana springs rolls with the most delicious homemade coconut pineapple ice cream drizzled with hot carmel and served with fresh strawberries and blueberries. I love sharing the evening with great friends who share their 8 layer Great Wall chocolate cake served with rasberry puree and who also accidentally eat the red pepper from the wok charred beef and then drink an entire pitcher of water only to cry it all out because that pepper was that darn hot ;). I love laughing and lingering over the meal for 2 hours so that it is more of an entire experience than just a meal. I love eating my friends leftovers at 3 am (because i ate all my food but she didnt, and she didnt want to take hers home.) I love smelling my hand and still being able to smell my lettuce wrap one more time before I shower the next morning. I love that my daughter is old enough to babysit for FREE so I can afford to go to PF Changs on date night. For tonight, all is right in the world.

5 comments:

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

I love going to a restaurant with friends/family and getting to linger over your food and having good conversation(s) so that the night is more of an experience and a memory and less like just another date. I just realized - I don't get enough of those! (By the way, my security word was winenest . . . . maybe it's trying to say something about PF Changs?) :)

Alyson said...

Wow! It felt like I was there with you. Or at least you made me want to go there really really bad!

Jenn said...

I have wanted to go back there since the one and only time we went with our friends. We had to hurry over dinner to get to a movie next door so I would love to just have an intimate dinner with Brett there. I loved your description! I bet having a balcony seat would make it more intimate. (We were seated right in the middle of all the tables, kinda off to the side.)

Esther Ogden said...

PF Changs is my favorite restaurant, too! We will have to double date there sometime. =)

Mama Yo said...

We went there for the first time during Christmas break. Holy cow, that was delicious! And most definitely having an in house sitter ROCKS!