So, last Monday, we made the annual trek down to Fred Meyer to buy our 17.99 Christmas Tree. Every year we see how fast we can pick out a tree. We had it down to 1 minute and 45 seconds this year. Jon is all for pick a tree, any tree and let's go. I go pay for it while he ties it to the car. We get home and Aubree immediately brings down her Winnie the Pooh books from upstairs. "What are these for?" We ask her. "To make the Christmas tree straight," she quickly replies. Of course, every year, we do ask her to run upstairs and grab some books so we can straighten up the cheap tree stand. And every year she brings us Winnie the Pooh. We had a tradition and didn't even know it. ;)
After the tree was up, I pulled out the vaccuum to vaccuum up the pine needles. At the same time I turned on the oven for dinner. Just as I started to vaccuum we could all smell this horrible plastic burning smell. At first we thought it was the vaccuum. Then we thought it must be the oven. After dinner we turned off the oven and the smell seemed to start to go away. What we didn't know until the next afternoon was that the smell was actually a part burning out in our refridgerator. Everything in the freezer had defrosted and the fridge was warm. Be careful what you wish for...I had been asking Jon for a stainless steel fridge for Christmas ;). But luckily Jon found the part quickly and went and bought a new piece and fixed it quickly. No new stainless steel appliances for me. At least I had time to give the freezer and fridge a good scrubbing, and I finally took the time to vaccuum the coils under the fridge too. Have you looked under your fridge lately??? Deck the halls!
2 comments:
you make it sound so easy. fixing that fridge took intelligence and skill and nascar worthy driving abilities to get the part before the part store closed.
No that was funny! You are good at this blogging thing, AJ. I can't believe you found a tree for $17.99. I somehow feel mega jipped. (Apparently I spelled that wrong-or maybe it isn't a word.)
Way to go on the Nascar driving, Jon. I kind of had you pegged as a law-abiding citizen, but your secret is safe with me. ;)
Post a Comment