Monday, October 13, 2008

Pitching our tents








To follow in the footsteps of the people of King Benjamin who pitched their tents to hear the prophet speak, we have a tradition of camping every General Conference weekend. For October conference we like to go camp at Three Island Crossing in Glenns Ferry. There are large grassy sites with views of the mountains and the Snake River. There is a great little Oregon trail Museum just a short walk from the campsite and lots of fun, easy hiking trails. We get great conference reception and its a quick drive into town to the chapel for Jon for priesthood session.




So we had a blast. Natalie's Birthday was on Friday and I made her a Three Island Crossing camping cake with the RV, the river, and even the Three Islands. I put Teddy Graham people standing around a fire of pretzel sticks. It was fun. I can't believe she's ten!!! The sport of choice this weekend was badminton. Party! party!

1 comment:

Campbell clan said...

Your family has grown sooo much. You finally got a little man I see. Your girls are beautiful - Jon better watch out for all them boys in the future. We definitely need to get together soon.