Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?








Not me. But I do like to eat pineapple in a cozy beach cottage next to the sea. This is the amazing little beach house we rented in Gleneden Beach, Or. It was soo perfect. Gleneden is a small residential loop just off 101 between Lincoln City and Depot Bay. It was sooo quiet with a long empty beach just for us.




The house had 1600 square feet and had everything we could possibly want or need . Ther were 2 bedrooms upstairs and a reading nook. Downstairs had a third bedroom that had two sets of bunk beds for the kids and a HUGE bathroom with a soaker tub with jets. The living room had a gas woodstove for chilly mornings. We were on a corner just 100 steps to the sand. we had a perfect view of thye ocean from the dining room and master bedroom and reading nook.




I will highly reccomend this house to anyone. It was only 105.00 a night! the location was amazing, out of the city but less than 2 miles from a grocery store and the fabulous Salishan Spa on Siletz Bay (They have an amazing hot stone massage ;) We were 7 minutes from depot Bay and 20 minutes from Newport. the only thing i really missed was the quaint "Disneyfied" Downtown of Cannon Beach's Hemlock street with with ice cream parlor, Candy shop, and beautiful hydrangeas. That I missed. But we still got a little taste of Disney from our neighbor. I will post about that next - but here's a hint - I think we found the 1000th happy haunt.

1 comment:

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

That sounds like a great deal! We're thinking about taking a little trip to the coast ourselves, so thanks for the heads up! I'm glad you guys are carrying on the Oregon Coast tradition! Looks and sounds like you had fun.