Sshhhh...don't tell anyone, but last night, I slept wth a member of the bishopric. ;) And I just want to testify that I can happily dispell all the "old wives tales" (pun intended) about High Priests.
Seriously, when did I get old enough to be the wife of a High Priest?! It was just less than 14 years ago that I spotted the hottie in my student ward, less than 2 weeks fresh from his mission. He was sitting in the foyer after church. I walked straight up to him, looked into his amazing eyes and asked, "Want a kiss?" Those amazing eyes grew wider than I have ever seen, and before he could reply, I slipped a Hershey's kiss (with almond, of course) into his hand and then quietly turned and walked away. (Who am I kidding? When have I ever done anything quietly? I didn't speak, but I was 19 and wearing a tight off white dress that hugged me well, and I knew it. Let's just say I made an exit that I knew he wouldn't forget. And he didn't. We were married less than 6 months later.
And 13 years after that, we have 5 children and he's a High Priest. Where did my twenties go?
Maybe they should start putting warning labels on bags of Hershey's Almond Kisses... Warning: May cause all your dreams to come true. This product also contains a substance known to the state of California to lead to happily ever after.
3 comments:
You make me smile every single day. You are hilarious...
Yeah where did the time go, you too look amazing in that photo.
You know what they say... behind every good man, is an amazing woman(something like that).
You never cease to crack me up!
You do know that you have to blog every single day right? You can't start something like this and not do it right. You hooked me and I'll be coming here for a daily fix of AJ. So don't leave me hanging.
Have a great Fourth of July!
It's nice to hear the WHOLE story of your first meeting. :) I love your blog, AJ. You have a way with words that makes me want more and more. Seriously.
Post a Comment